Friday, May 21, 2010

Colon-cleansing homemade Granola Recipe

After posting my colon health status on facebook, I attributed it to the foods I was eating and supplements I am on currently. Here is the recipe I used for my colon-cleansing granola. I used the dump and pour method so I will try to put this into servings for everyone, but usually you can just eye it to see if there is enough of something. First I took some nuts, you can use whatever you have around. Everything I'm using is organic. First get a large mixing bowl for all your ingredients:
  • 1/2 c pistachio nuts
  • 1/2 c walnuts
  • 1/2 c almonds

Lightly chop these up in a processor, before it gets to flour consistency, you want chopped nuts. Throw them in your bowl, next add:

  • 1 1/2 c Irish Steel Oats (you can use whatever oatmeal you have, i love the Irish steel oats)
  • 1/2 c dried blueberries
  • 1/2 c dried cranberries (gives it a bitter taste, i only included it for my urinary tract health, but in the future will leave these out)
  • 1/2 c raisins
  • 1 c shredded coconut (dried)
  • 1 c coconut flakes (dried)
  • dash of vanilla or coconut extract

Now to mix all your ingredients together you will need honey, agave or molasses, i used a little bit of all 3 because I didn't want too much molasses or honey in there. Mix everything together. If you haven't added enough 'glue', add more until it is a clumpy consistency. It is not going to totally stick until you cook or dehydrate it. If you do not have a dehydrator, cook on low 300 degrees for about 10-15 minutes.

If you have a dehydrator, stick on teflex sheet and dry overnight for at least 15 hours, and that's it! This recipe yielded two dehydrator sheets. Yummy! Granola that is sure to get your bowels moving, great for hiking or breakfast cereal! Goes great with homemade nut milk! Experiment with the berries and nuts you have for different flavors. I love coconut which is why i added the flakes and shreds of it. Hope this is helpful! God bless. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment