Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Good News


It was almost three years ago today, my mom told me that it would be a tough three years, but that it would get easier after that. Shortly after, she passed, but not until we were able to fly up to Alaska from Virginia to see her. She was waiting to hear her daughter and granddaughter one more time. I read Psalm 23 and Isaiah 40 to her, hoping she would hear what I was saying, and to give her peace and hope before her ascent into heaven. I just had a petscan on the 14th and the results came in on the 15th. My petscan came back showing no cancer. This is my second consecutive clean scan. After my first scan, i was put on tamoxifen and could only stand it in my system for 10 days. So it was basically up to me and God to keep a clean and healthy cancer-free body until my recent scan. Over a period of three months, it has been a trying, scary, stressful time. God is in control, Jesus was watching and waiting to give me the good news.


While we were at CTCA, there was the annual Celebrate Life celebration going on in a big tent in the parking lot. We were not able to take part in this celebration, because of my emotional state throughout the day, and because of the timing of my appointments - and having to wait forever to get my b-12 shot ordered. Thanks to the staff who helped calm me down in my time of frustration over this new drug - Faslodex, my petscan report, and just in general missing my mom and wishing she was here with me to share the news. Even though I know she has been petitioning for me in heaven.

Thank you to everyone who has been praying for me and thinking of my situation. After meeting yesterday with the doctor, we succumbed to having faslodex as an alternative to tamoxifen. I guess what I was doing on my own accord, didn't equate to being healthy enough for the doctor, and drugs are always the first option for them. So I am trying it, and boy are my cheeks sore! It has to be given in the center of muscle, and what better place than your bottom! So please pray for me in my journey ahead with this medicine that is new to my body, always a challenge and hoping to be off of it soon.

It is a hormonal drug and I felt its effects right away, I was an emotional mess yesterday. I was crying for most of the day, and feeling the joint pain and nausea that comes with the drug as well. In my journey to be cancer-free, I feel like the biggest contributors have been Jesus, Adya Clarity (Black Mica), Kefir, Kombucha, Juicing whole veggies daily, coffee enemas, and detoxing. If you would like more information on any of the above, I would be happy to share it with you.

After our trip, we had to drive to the middle of PA to pick up Mariah and we decided to go for a walk uphill while waiting for my husband's parents. What a beautiful creation God has made.

Psalm 103 Of David.

1Praise the LORD, O my soul;

all my inmost being, praise his holy name.

2Praise the LORD, O my soul,

and forget not all his benefits—

3who forgives all your sins

and heals all your diseases,

4who redeems your life from the pit

and crowns you with love and compassion,

5who satisfies your desires with good things

so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.

6The LORD works righteousness

and justice for all the oppressed.

7He made known his ways to Moses,

his deeds to the people of Israel:

8The LORD is compassionate and gracious,

slow to anger, abounding in love.

9He will not always accuse,

nor will he harbor his anger forever;

10he does not treat us as our sins deserve

or repay us according to our iniquities.

11For as high as the heavens are above the earth,

so great is his love for those who fear him;

12as far as the east is from the west,

so far has he removed our transgressions from us.

13As a father has compassion on his children,

so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him;

14for he knows how we are formed,

he remembers that we are dust.

15As for man, his days are like grass,

he flourishes like a flower of the field;

16the wind blows over it and it is gone,

and its place remembers it no more.

17But from everlasting to everlasting

the LORD’s love is with those who fear him,

and his righteousness with their children’s children—

18with those who keep his covenant

and remember to obey his precepts.

19The LORD has established his throne in heaven,

and his kingdom rules over all.

20Praise the LORD, you his angels,

you mighty ones who do his bidding,

who obey his word.

21Praise the LORD, all his heavenly hosts,

you his servants who do his will.

22Praise the LORD, all his works

everywhere in his dominion.

Praise the LORD, O my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment