Sunday, September 19, 2010

My recent pet scan

Where do I begin...

With hopes set high, Mariah, Doug and I set out to Philly on Thursday and my petscan was in the afternoon. We patiently waited for our results and even tried to change our schedule on Friday with the Doctor to earlier, but we had missed the call. So sitting down with the doctor he had explained my cancer was back in my back, a spot on my liver and a middle lymph node in my chest. This was very disheartening, frustrating and unbelievably hurtful to hear the news. I am still in a little bit of shock and would appreciate all prayers. We started treatment the same day and i have been through 1/3 of a round of chemo and it is already kicking my butt. I am trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle to be able to bounce back from this upset next year. I am doing four complete rounds of chemo in fractionated doses. It is different chemo drugs than what I was using before so it is having a profound effect on me. Since I am getting fractionated doses (less side effects and just as effective) we are having to go to Philly every weekend until December.

This is where the fun comes in, we need help watching my daughter during these weekends and I am not sure where to begin to ask for help. It is all so overwhelming right now. Any suggestions and ideas and positive thoughts would be appreciated.

We have been blessed to be able to make it through the beginning of the year in treatment and help from church family, and it dawns on us again that we need help and lots of prayers for healing.

Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Kim---so sorry to hear this news. Wish I lived somewhere close to be able to help out. But I will pray for you and your family. I am sorry to hear that you have to go through all of this! But even when things are bad, God is good. Loves and prayers.

    ~Sarah Groothuis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kimberly, I am so sorry to hear this, I know you can get through this again. I hope you find someone to watch Mariah for you.

    ReplyDelete